IF YOU WERE AN ANIMAL, WHAT ANIMAL WOULD YOU BE?







Have you ever taken time to ask yourself this question?

Well, if you haven't that's okay, cause I have never either, but in as much as this question may sound fun and games, it has had me thinking since it was posed to me.

As with my interview experience, this question put me to a STOP for a while and I panicked because I was not sufficiently prepared for it. In my head I was thinking “It is a job interview and why would someone ask me about an animal I'd want to be?” Trust me when I say I panicked, cause I really did PANIC!.. and the last thing I wanted at that point was an ambiguous response that would cast a shadow on me, worse the awkward silence that was already in the office.

I was still in the panicking mode, but well, I still had to answer the question either way, I said to myself “Come on Abby, you can do this!”

...“An elephant.” Yes! I said an elephant, that was my response. It is a known fact that Elephants are the largest existing land animals and for those of you that know me would find it funny and obviously wonder why a small and short person like me would still pick the huge animal... Well, I picked an elephant not because of its impressive size or strength but because of it's character and good qualities.

In as much as an elephant may not seem like the most graceful creature, it possesses good leadership skills. Elephants are thoughtful with a sophisticated memory and would use force to break down barriers, Elephants grieve at the death of a family member or friend and touching is an important form of communication among themselves.
..If I had given these reasons on the day of my interview, I am pretty sure I would have had that job as you are reading this right now..

Little did I know that this question “IF YOU WERE AN ANIMAL, WHAT ANIMAL WOULD YOU BE?” was asked not to throw me off guard but to expose my true personality, read that again TRUE PERSONALITY...Ask yourself this question and assess which land animal in the kingdom differentiates you from the rest of the pack, is it a lion, or maybe it's a giraffe, or a fox, an antelope, you name it.

I have come to learn that the purpose of asking yourself this question is to test your ability to assess your own PERSONALITY and analyse why your CHARACTER makes you a good fit around the people in your circle.

Reflecting on your own character as a person is a sign of emotional maturity which is also a reflection that you build a mutual relationship everywhere you go and your CHARACTER will show that you are aware of your strengths, weaknesses and most importantly, who you are!

CHARACTER- A winning recipe for successful cooperation.” (Got this from one of the posts I read.)

Character is one of the most important things you carry around everywhere you go because it will speak on your behalf, it is what defines you. Your character is what people will see first and they will remain talking about it even after you pass away. Character is one thing that can not be separated from you, (your habits, actions and emotional responses). You can't separate how you behave in public to how you would behave in private beacuse both actions still define your character.

Prachi Juneja Teaches about True personality, in his article he says “True Personality does not only dwell on good looks, buying expensive hair, wearing expensive brands etc.. True personality is about developing your inner self. More than anyone else, you are answerable to yourself. Do not do anything which you yourself are not convinced of. An individual is nervous only when he is ashamed of what he is doing.”

-“An individual with a good character would in turn have a good personality. If you are extremely good looking but do not know how to behave, don’t be surprised if you are ignored by others. Nothing is more important than your character and moral values. Never cheat others. Remember, life is nothing without ethics and values.”

How are you investing in your character?

I am not an animal lover but if I were an animal I'd still want to be an Elephant.

THANK YOU FOR READING! 

Abigail Chifusa.

(Please feel free to share your comments, make them anonymous if that makes you feel comfortable.. what is your take on PERSONAL CHARACTER? I'd also love to know what animal you would want to be if you were an animal..)

(Please follow my blog, you can use your email address too so that you are able to receive notifications each time I share a  blog post. Tap the 3 lines on the top left corner and click the follow option.. Thank you!)

Comments

  1. Wow ,this had me thinking for 2hours straight. Thanks Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow food for thought indeed I think I have to seat down and ask myself this question
    Thank u Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. In depth piece this one ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผthere's just something about animals ey even the Bible says go to the Ant and learn her ways Lol . As you've rightly put it Character is everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ indeed character is everything! it speaks on an individual's behalf.

      Delete
  4. This piece just made me think of what kind of animal i would choose๐Ÿค”

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really some food for thought thanks for sharing Abby,
    I need to think of what type of an animal I would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, thank you for reading too ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ please think of one and share if possible ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  6. Lovely and thought provoking๐Ÿ’“

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing... Good write up. Quite thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNSEEN ANTHRAX PERILS -Unravelling Zambia’s disease outbreaks

Ku Mukobeko: A journey of redemption through poetry

MWINILUNGA PINEAPPLES GO BEGGING -Kalene Hills Fruits Company holds hope for farmers